A wedding cake says a lot. It can be contemporary, elegant, minimalistic or modern and usually ties in with the overall wedding theme. It plays an important role on the big day. It is positioned in the eye shot of all your guests, for one reason only: TO BE ADMIRED.
Wedding cakes can be filled with a filing that is soft and spongy, rich and fruity or even chocolaty, there will be something for all to enjoy. Searching for the perfect cake for your big day is simple and straightforward if you know how. Here at The Bridal Club, we will provide you with a fast and efficient way of finding your local wedding cake service. Keep visiting the site to view our comprehensive list of wedding cake makers or read our articles on wedding cakes and catering.
When planning your big day you must know and understand that apart from seeing the bride and the groom tie the knot, the venue & food is the second most important thing and one of the most expensive elements. So it will be most helpful to know what you want and exactly what you are getting for your money.
When hiring a wedding caterer you should not need to worry about the food. Before booking a caterer always use a catering service that you are familiar with or one that has a good reputation. If in doubt ask for references and be sure to sample their food before the big day.
When shopping for the right caterer and best price, try to get more than one no obligation quotation and be sure to ask them all the same questions.
As you will be leaving one of the most important factors of your wedding in the hands of the caterers be sure that they posses both professional support and flexibility. Make sure that they are happy to go over every little detail with you and if you can, try their food sampling opportunity where you can see and taste their catering services at first hand. This will leave you with the maximum confidence in them and their ability to make everything run like clockwork.
Tips for meeting caterers
When meeting caterers be armed with a checklist of question which you will need answering. Have in mind the answers to the questions that the caterer will need to fulfil in order to give you the most accurate idea of whether they are the company for you.
What you need to know:
- Does the quotation include VAT
- Will you have to tip the waiting staff
- Do they provide the alcohol and if yes do they offer any packages
- If you do provide your own alcohol will you be charged a fee
- What is the deposit fee to secure your booking
- Is sliver service included in the cost (this should be included with the hire of waiting staff, glassware etc)
- Will they be providing the cake stand and knife
- When will the full balance need to be paid by
- When is the deadline for the final number of guests
- Will the caterers be able to visit the venue to ensure that they are satisfied that they will be able to work with the venue facilities
What the caterer needs to know:
- Your budget
- Date of the wedding
- Venue location
- The number of proposed guests
- Any special dietary requirements
Money saving Tip: One of the ways you could save money maybe to take a day trip across the channel to France or Calais on a booze cruise, this could help you save a fortune on alcohol. There are plenty of discounted shops, special offers at the local supermarkets and plenty of wine merchants offering bargains; you have just got to be on the lookout.